Pequot Library's 22nd Annual Art Show and Fundraiser October 19-27, 2019
Pequot Library in Southport, Connecticut is pleased to announce a call for submissions to Art Libris
, its 22nd Annual Art Show.Art + Text
is a collaborative project, launching this autumn, with 13 participating Fairfield County libraries who are asking artists to be inspired by the intersection of visual arts and written word. With a mission to foster awareness of the culturally rich visual arts experiences available in our libraries, prospective artists should reflect upon this theme and what it means to them in their art medium of choice. The juried exhibition will be on view from October 19 to October 27, 2019 in Pequot Library's historic auditorium, which provides an outstanding backdrop for the show. Submissions must be received by September 23, 2019 in order to be considered for entrance. Please note: all works must be for sale
Art Libris: Celebrating Art + Text
Special feature: "22 Under 22"
- 100 works to be exhibited in Pequot Library's Auditorium
- All mediums
- Juried show by Lisa Cooper of Elisa Contemporary Art
- First place - the winning artist will have one work displayed at the Affordable Art Fair in NYC in the Elisa Contemporary Art Booth
- Second place- $250
- Third place- $100
- Open to artists age 22 or younger
- 22 works of art to be exhibited in Pequot Library's Perkin Gallery
- All mediums
- Juried by Michele Hermsen
- Special reception featuring the "22 under 22" on Wednesday, October 23, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Winning artist will receive a solo exhibition at Pequot Library
Painting, Photography, Mixed Media, Works on Paper, Drawing, Multi-Media, and Sculpture will be accepted.
- 2D artwork must be framed or gallery wrapped and installation ready. All artwork must be wired for hanging- no hooks.
- 3D art must have its own professional-looking means of display.
- All entries must be for sale and created within the last 2 years - no exceptions.
- Users must first press the blue register button at the top right of the webpage to register with the artcall.org website. You will then be able to submit your artwork for the Pequot Library Art Show.
- Maximum of 5 submissions per artist. Limited to works that have not been shown in a previous Pequot Library Art Show and that have been executed in the last 2 years.
- Files must be formatted as JPG, PNG, GIF, MP4, MP3, PDF, or DOC. Image minimum length on the longest side: 960 px, and maximum length on the longest side: 4600 px. Max file size for image: 4mb, or 25mb for Audio, Video, & PDF.
- Submission deadline is September 23, 2019.
- Pequot Library will only accept submissions through artcall.org
- Questions or concerns? Please call (203) 259-0346 ext.113 or email email@example.com
Liability & Insurance:
- Pequot Library and the artist will split the proceeds of sold art 50/50.
- Payment to the artist will be made via check within 30 days of the close of the exhibition.
- Pequot Library assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to any submitted work of art for any reason before, during, or after the exhibition.
- Insurance protection is the responsibility of each artist.
Selected Works Drop Off and Pick Up:
- The entry fee is $35 per piece and $21 per subsequent piece. Submission fees are non-refundable.
- The entry fee for young artists (age 22 and under) is $10 per piece.
- Includes one ticket to the Artists and Collectors Party on Sunday, October 27.
- Pequot Library will notify all artists of the status of their submission(s) early October. Only artwork selected for the exhibition should be dropped off to Pequot Library on Saturday, October 12, between 10am- 2pm, or at a mutually agreed upon time.
- Artwork must be picked up Sunday, October 27, 2019, between 2pm-4pm, or at a mutually agreed upon time. Following the pick-up day after the close of the show, there will be a storage charge of $10 per day for any work left at Pequot Library. Any artwork not picked up for 30 days after the show will henceforth belong to Pequot Library.
For More Information, Contact:
- Pequot Library reserves the right to reproduce images for educational and promotional purposes. By submitting your entry, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions
Caroline Owens Crawford
(203) 259-0346 ext.113